Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Personal Houses and Scare Zones Part 2


2013
I've waited for La Llorona to make her deabut in Orlando. Showing the many stages of her from a ghostly young woman, to a decaying corpse. The effect of the spirit of La Lllorona disolving into water was amazing.  This might be the first series of Urban Legends. 



When I heard rumors and anouncments on An American Werewolf in London was going to be a maze for last years Horror Nights. I though to my slef,"There is no way in Hell they're going to a maze with men in wolf suits." But after expericning this maze, I though they did a fabulous job on the sets from begining to end and the puppet effects for the werewolf. 





This is not only one of my favorite house, but my favorite film. Poking fun at the cliches you see everwhere. It's sort of like a behind the scenes of horror movies. After seeing the movie, I've always wanted to be a house of HHN. I though they did an exllent job of showing scenes from the movie.  




2014
If dolls creep you out, then this is the house of your nightmares. Totally messed up, sick and disterbing. Every room is themed to a certin type of dolls from teddy bears, rag dolls and puppets. Doll parts can be seen inside the walls. It had a great backstory to it, a twisted little girl converting a mortuary into her own little play house. You'll see her in operating room. 



An intresting take on The Lost Colony legend, where the settlers were converted into cannibalism and possesed by the wendigo spirit. In the future, they should do some historical horrors like Jack the Ripper, The Black Death, The Salme Witch Trails, and many others. 





Seeing a few episodes of the movie turned TV series on Netflix. I though they did a good job at depecting the vampires as blood thirsty imortal demons, not emotional teen hartthrobs with glitter. Although the house was kinda short, the scenes were very well done on both the Twister bar and the Aztec temple. 







This is one my Dad's favorite house by far. They did a great job on depicting the scenes of the movie from beging to end. It also had the finale scare after leaving the house, you can't kill the boogieman. 






This is the years best scare zones, I'v always wanted to have a voodoo themed house/scare zone. They did a good job seting this area themed to an bayous of the south and decpting characters like the Voodoo Queen, her minons, and the spirits or loa. 






I've seen some epidoes of the show, and this I though tha  the creations beign broght to life here at Horror Nights was a fantastic street expericne. 





Both the makeup and cosumes for the scaractors and stiltwalk scares were both elgant and macabre. 




No comments:

Post a Comment